I created this post as part of a sponsored series with Socialstars and SPLENDA® Brand; all opinions are my own. #SweetSwaps #SplendaSweeties
Summer is almost over and with the last few weekends left celebrating the warm weather, I wanted to make a refreshing tropical drink to share for my upcoming Labor Day BBQ! Say hello to my non alcoholic Banana Coconut Daiquiri made with SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener!
To start this recipe, I chopped up some really ripe bananas (froze them) and measured out some frozen pineapple pieces. The frozen fruit acts as the ice portion of the drink so that the flavor doesn’t get diluted. I also love using frozen bananas since the high pectin content helps them get thick and creates a custard like texture when they are blended. Creamy bananas equals creamy Banana Coconut Daiquiri!
Next I added the frozen fruits, one can of unsweetened canned coconut milk, one cup of unsweetened almond coconut milk, vanilla bean paste and 4 packets of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener to my blender and let it get combined. This is a pretty thick drink so be sure to use your blender stir stick to help you move the fruit around so that it all gets incorporated. No chunks of fruit allowed!Once the Banana Coconut Daiquiri was blended, I served it up in some chilled glasses. I added a cute straw and tiny banana slice on the rim of each glass to make it more festive.
- 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple pieces
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond coconut milk (or your favorite milk)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste
- 4 packets of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener
- Peel and cut your bananas, set them on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and freeze. Chill 4 glasses of your choice in the fridge.
- Once your bananas are frozen, add them to a blender with the pineapple, canned coconut milk, almond cococnut milk, vanilla bean paste and 4 packets of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener and blend until smooth. Use your blender stir stick if needed to help move any chunks of fruit around.
- Serve in the chilled glasses and garnish with straws and banana slices.
Till next time, happy almost end of summer!